Founded in 2010, the Preservation Committee advocates for the protection and documentation of art, architecture, and historic materials from the Interwar Period meaningful to the Chicagoland area. Compliments CADS’ mission and commitment to education, conservation, and celebration of the Art Deco style.
The Committee frequently engages in preservation efforts, including:
- Petitioning the Commission on Chicago Landmarks to recognize architecturally and historically significant places as “landmarks”
- Participating in National Historic Preservation Act committee meetings to analyze potential impact to historic resources
- Providing resources and educating owners of Art Deco structures on preservation
- Organizing community letter writing campaigns in support of thoughtful conservation
- Recognizing individuals and organizations for their preservation and rehabilitation of Interwar Period structures
To volunteer or request the committee investigate a certain issue, please contact us.